Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Catchin' up on July

A few weeks ago, we helped Lissa and Jeff celebrate their upcoming wedding in Novemeber with a party at Mary Frances' house with Meredith girls! :)




Carter with Aunt Lindsay ;)

It was so good to get everyone together! And our oreo truffles were a hit!!Here's the recipe if you are interested!!

Oreo Truffles
1 package regular Oreos (Regular not double stuff)
8 ounces of softened Cream Cheese
1 pkg white chocolate melts

Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor, reserve for later use.
Crush remaining cookies into fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese and mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1 inch in diameter. (We put the balls into the fridge for about an hour to harden to hold shape better before adding the white chocolate!) Melt white chocolate Dip balls in melted candy and place on wax paper on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs right after dipped. Refrigerate until firm, about an hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.


That same weekend, we met for lunch at NoFo.

The next night, I was left home alone to enjoy the homerun derby. Aaron had a church board meeting so I dressed Carter up in a homerun champ onesie and I put on my Josh Hamilton's Reds shirt in hopes of celebrating a victory for Josh. As I was watching, I started to get worried when guys were putting up numbers like 4 or 8...WHO KNEW I would witness Josh hit 28 HOMERUNS IN THE FIRST ROUND!!! I was texting Aaron and told him to call me right then...because I could not tell him in a text. He called like 20 minutes later!! Though Josh did not win overall, he shocked the world with his amazing performance!!!


The next weekend, Julie & Ben came over for dinner. It had been about a month since they last visited with Carter.


We also enjoyed some trips to the pool...

No comments: