Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas...and Sickness

I am so behind...

Christmas post will be brief.

Christmas Eve--Spent at my Aunt Deborah's house in Smithfield (my dad's side)
Christmas Morning--Spent at our house with Santa
Christmas Lunch--Spent at my parents house in Raleigh (my mom's side)

Day After Christmas--Off to Charlotte for Christmas with Aaron's family
Day After After Christmas through Monday--Off to Roanoke for Christmas at Aaron's grandparents house

We had a great Christmas and wonderful time with family. Carter got lots of fun stuff and lots of love! :)



Reading the Christmas Story




Checking out everyone's stocking stuffers


Playing with my new toy

I have LOTS of pictures..and since I am behind, this is the easiest way for you to view them. :)

Pictures #1

Pictures #2

Pictures #3

Pictures #4


On that Sunday night, I caught the 24 hour stomach bug and was miserable. The 3 hour ride back to Clayton was horrible. Aaron went to some friend's house with Carter to watch the State bowl game and stay away from me for a while. While there, Aaron started to feel sick and came down the with stomach bug on Monday night. By Tuesday night, Carter had it too. I had always wondered how would I know when Carter threw up and I found out. Carter is the only person I wouldn't mind throwing up on me. :) We hoped that Carter would only be sick for 24 hours but it lasted for 9 days!!! It was a miserable 9 days!!! Since Carter was throwing up, he was not allowed to drink milk (which is the bulk of his diet right now). He had a combination of rice cereal (with just water which we determined he liked better than mixed with formula), bananas and apples and attempts at Pedilyte. Carter was not interested in the Pedilyte...we served it in a bottle, sippy cup, regular cup, through a straw, popsicle form, shavings of popsicle, added water...still not interested. Luckily, he still managed to have wet diapers so we knew that he was not dehydrated. We survived that time with some visits from my mom to hang out with Carter. It was a rough 9 days. After the stomach bug passed and still to this day, we are battling teething issues. Carter's 1st teeth (bottom ones) snunk in in November with no trouble but these top 2 have brought on some fussy times. Every night we pray that when we wake up, those teeth will be in. No such luck, yet!

No comments: