Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Creation Fest 2009

On June 24-28, Aaron and I were able to go our the summer trip with our youth group. Carter stayed with Aaron's parents Tuesday through Friday and then my parents Friday through Sunday. I found myself calling everytime I could borrow someone's phone to check on Carter (there was no service for At&t customers). This was the longest car was away from both of us...prior to this, it had only been a weekend. He did fine and so did his grandparents! :)
Prior to our church, the kids (I call them kids but they are teenagers!) did several local missions projects before we headed to Pennsylvania for . Creation Fest is camping out in tents, speakers and jamming Christian music. While we were there, everyone had jobs that helped the event run smoothly from traffic to crowd control to selling vendor merchandise. A few kids were with Aaron and I cooking the meals. While there we saw Chris Tomlin, David Crowder, Third Day, Casting Crowns and Lecrea. Well some of the kids saw others, but these were the ones I enjoyed. We spent time hanging out in the creek and just enjoying each other's company. This was a great group of kids and I'm really going to miss these seniors. We also celebrated our 5th anniversary while jamming to David Crowder and Third Day! :)









No comments: