Saturday, August 13, 2011

I'm just too wise!

At the beginning of August I started having some wisdom tooth pains and it kept getting worse to where my ear hurt, my throat hurt, my neck was swollen, I couldn't open my mouth to eat so I headed to the dentist. He said I was having pain from the way the tooth was coming in and that I would continue to have pain until they were removed. He gave me some antibiotics to take. So at check out time, I said I just needed to go through with the process and get them removed. Flash back to when I was a teenager: My parent's dentist told me I should have them removed...for some reason I didn't believe him. And now I am paying for it twice...financially & physically. After get married and finding this dentist in Clayton, they have recommended I have them removed but they didn't do anesthesia in their office and gave me some places I could contact...and of course I didn't. :) Ok, back to last Wednesday--Now our dentist office offers anesthesia so while I was there, I went ahead and signed up to get them removed...9 days later! and Boy, did I become anxious. The surgeon saw me that day and made sure to give me some anti-anxiety meds to take before the surgery (and they worked!). So on August 12, at 9am I had them removed. I remember them starting my IV...and next thing I remember was throwing up on the kitchen floor when we got home. So for the next few hours I was so nauseous and in a lot of pain and had no appetite. By about 8:30pm last night, I was hungry and was able to keep some mashed potatoes and icecream down. :) I slept great last night and today I was finally able to take a full pill of pain meds. I'm feeling ok, still feeling some pain but I've made sure to rest all day. :) My mom came over around lunch yesterday so Aaron could go to vball practice and then she took the kids to her house after nap and they stayed there last night. So I've enjoyed a restful 24+ hours! :) I'm looking forward to returning to a normal diet soon...but of course I don't want to return too early and be in pain. :)


Before



After & I don't even remember taking this picture! :) haha!

No comments: