Monday, November 3, 2008

Homecoming

ESPN is coming out with a new show called Homecoming. On Thursday, they were filming an episode featuring Josh Hamilton at my high school. Aaron, my dad and I got tickets through family friends and we had extras through FCA. Aaron gave 2 to his friend Aaron so we sat with him and his dad. Since they were filming an actual tv show, they would take breaks and cue us to applaud. We were not allowed to get up and move during taping. There were only seats for 1,600 people. I always just assumed the gym held that many and much more but I didn't realize how small the gym was inside. Since the event was at my high school, I saw several people I went to high school with and guys and parents that my brother played baseball with. It was fun! I enjoy hearing Josh speak about his life...where he's been and that his goal is to glorify God in all he does! Josh wrote a book that was recently released called Beyond Belief. I got it earlier in the week and read it a little to and from Charlotte. So good! :)


No comments: