Thursday, May 1, 2008

A friendly little trip to the hospital



This past Tuesday we had a joint school baby shower with another girl in my department. This is a picture of me, Mrs. Everhart & Mrs. Boone (all teachers from my department).



I went to the doctor today...which ended in a 3 hour trip to the hosptial. My blood pressure was 140/94 and then again 120/92 with a trace of protein...so I was sent to the hosptial. Of course, Aaron wasn't with me. I called him at practice...he freaked a little but I reassured him that he did not need to rush. I then went on a hunt for some Subway prior to being admitted to the hospital. Aaron ended up beating me to the hospital! I wasn't sure if they would let me eat in Triage so I ate my sub on the wheelchair ride! :) When we arrived, there were no rooms available in Triage (out of 8!?!?!)...so we waited. We finally got a room about an hour later...and then I was hooked up to the blood pressure monitor and fetal heart rate monitor. Eventually my blood pressure started to go down along with my swelling. They took some blood and we just hung out for the next two hours. Dr. Bass was on call so he came in for a while and ordered some bed rest for me...but tomorrow's my last day anyway so I am going to attempt to make it through. I've really been looking forward to this last day, believe it or not?!? My sub came by a few times this past week, and she saw how completely overly organized my sub plans look. I told her once I leave, I don't want to mess with them again. It will be a blessing to pass them onto her. I will miss 2 of my 3 classes...and I will experience complete JOY tomorrow at 12:30 when my 3rd block is over! :D Well, I'm off to rest.

No comments: