Friday, June 20, 2008

Thursday was not a good day...for me or Carter!

On Thursday, Carter & I ventured out to visit grandma to wish her a happy 70th birthday! I know my grandma really enjoys visits from Carter so we hung out there for about an hour. Then we headed off to the mall to find Carter a rashguard for the pool. Of course we stopped at a few of my favorite stores along the way and Carter started to get fussy but not too bad (1:45pm). While walking through the mall, I was holding Carter against my chest, facing forward and pushing the stroller. He was content there...but that got really heavy and ackward really quick. Eventually, he was so fussy that I took out the carseat part out of the stroller and changed his diaper in the middle of Dillard's. He was fine once I laid him down in the stroller part. Well that wouldn't have been a problem, but I also had the carseat part with me. It was at this point, when I was sooo far from the car that I knew it was time to go.(3pm) (actually past time!) As Carter was happy in the stroller, I knew there was NO WAY that I was going to push his stroller through the mall with the carseat on top...I would look SO DUMB. So I decided to go outside and through the parking lot where no one could hear him scream or see how dumb I looked. He was fine on the parking lot ride and the ride back home. I called Aaorn on the way home and told him that Carter was his son...because Aaron does not enjoy the mall!! He began to fuss as I entered the garage. GRREEEAAAT! He then would fuss off and on until about 11:30PM...seriously. It was as if nothing would/could make Carter happy. My mom called a few times and could tell that Carter was not happy and we were at a loss so she came over for a few hours to give us a break. He was ok while she was here...just not quite content. We've been concerned about his tummy, gas and bowel movements so we gave him 1/2 oz of prune juice & 1/2 oz of water (suggested by his doctor) hoping that would make him feel better. Not sure if it helped...but it didn't hurt!! It was finally about 11:30 that Carter fell asleep on my chest and I waited until he was REALLY asleep before I put him in his bed...and he did fine after that. I'm so glad mom came by...I'm not sure Aaron and I could have endured 10 tough hours straight. It is sooo difficult to hear Carter so upset for so long. Oh yeah, and we left the mall with no rashguard. I found one at The Children's Place but I wanted to look at a few other stores first. The plan was to get the one from TCP on the way out. I had no idea I would walk around the mall to return to my car!!!

Carter slept really well last night and today has been much better. He was a bit fussy after dinner tonight but is finally sound asleep. He actually started off the week Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday with fussy hours from 8pm-11pm. I am hoping he will get out of this habit VERY SOON!!!



I looked in the bedroom one day this week and I could only see the top of Carter's head and no Aaron. I walked in and found this site. Aaron and Carter watching Sportscenter together. :) Carter really enjoys watching Rangers highlights!

Aaron, Derrick & I are off to DC on Sunday to watch Josh play! Look for fun pictures of our day trip! :)

No comments: