Thursday, October 9, 2008

My new obsession...

Coupons!
I always do my grocery shopping at Walmart but last week Lowes Foods kept calling my name. I decided I’d go there last Thursday and only buy coupon items since Lowes doubles everyday up to 20 coupons. While checking out, a former student told me that next week {which is now this week} would be triple coupons! I shared this news with a few ladies at church via facebook and by the end of the day the whole world knew! :) I decided I better get organized so I could get the most of my money! I went to savvydollar.org and found lots of deals. Several people helped to compile a list so you could see items that were on sale and items you could get for free! I was getting excited! Well, the sale started on Wednesday so on Tuesday I was ready to go. Jennifer gave me her notebook to get all my coupons organized and I had my list all typed out ready to go. Tuesday night, I dreamed of coupons all night!!! Carter decided he wanted to wake up at 5am and not go back to sleep so we headed to Lowes at 7am. I was nervous but there was maybe 8 cars in the whole parking lot! I ended up getting $95 worth of groceries for $30!!!





I went back again today and got $50 worth for $18! So that’s $145 worth for $48!!! I'm pretty impressed with myself...being a newbie & all! :P

1 comment:

Dan said...

Hi...that's an impressive haul for just getting started with coupons! Just don't get burned out -- Treat it like a game and have fun with it (which it sounds like you are)!
Keep up the good work.

Dan
Founder, SavvyDollar.org