Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cameron's moving out



Last Friday, Feb. 18th, Cameron slept in her crib in her room for the first time at night. :) There's something about a baby sleeping in the room that makes me think of them as still being a "baby". So 1 day after she turned 8 months old, we kicked her out. Just Kidding. I was a little torn over it, but we did it.
Part of the reason we waited so long was:
1. Carter slept in our room till he was 6 months old, so Cameron was going to stay at least that long. ;)
2. Cameron was sleeping through the night after the first month but then in December, when lots of teeth started coming in, her sleep got interrupted. It was nice to just roll out of bed, change her and feed her. I know it sounds like her room is really far away but Aaron was more in tune (when she was in the room) to her being awake at night so he would fix her a bottle, so I never had to leave the room.
3. Aaron's parents got us a video monitor when Cameron was born so we had been using it in Carter's room. In January, I decided that we would take down his rails so I wanted to keep the monitor in there for a few weeks so I could peek on him. He only fell out a handful of times.
4. It has been a cold winter! We've kept her vents closed in the summer so we weren't cooling that room and closed in the winter so we weren't heating that room. We've had problems with our air conditioner and the man has said that we have "too many vents" and to close ones we can.
5. Really the #1 reason-I still wanted her to sleep in our room. :)

So I had Aaron drop the mattress and move the monitor to Cameron's room. All last week, she was dealing with RSV so it was nice for her to be in our room so I could check on her since her coughing was causing her to wake up. There was 2 nights that after 3am, she was not going back to sleep in her bed. So I hung off the side of the bed from 3-8am. She had been napping in her room for a couple weeks so we ran the humidifier during naptimes. By moving her to her own room at night, we could run the humidifier for her all the time.

Cameron has done well with her change. :) She's slept through the night but has woke up around 6:45 a couple mornings. She's been sleeping at least 1 nap a day half sitting up/half bent over. I'll post some pictures soon.

No comments: