Saturday, February 12, 2011

Thank you Christian Radio!

Carter loves to sing! :) I would post a video from Christmas of him singing tons of Christmas songs BUT hard drive went bad and we weren't able to access those files. :( So maybe we'll just have to record some in February. Some of his current favorite songs to sing are songs that we listen to on the radio or on my phone like:

Chris Tomlin: I will follow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnwz3xx_yGs

Chris Tomlin: Our God is greater
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SAtWjBDFeM

Lecrae: Background
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHnZRZiCYHE

He only knows the chorus but its a start! :) Its the sweetest thing to hear him sing these songs.

We went through a time where Carter protested praying at meal times so thankfully one day he wanted to start singing his meal prayers like they do at church. {Thank you Jesus, Thank you Jesus, for our food, for our food, and your many blessings, and your many blessings, Amen, Amen.-to the tune of Are you sleeping?} And one of my best friends is the head over the toddler class and I've been fussing for a while now about them teaching some content in his class. I know its tough with the age range from 16months-3year but she told me on Friday that she taught them a verse on Wednesday for the first time. We were out to dinner with my mom last night and Carter randomly starts saying, "In the beginning, God, who loved us"...(and then a bunch of stuff I didn't understand). Well, he was close...but I would say most 2 years don't use words like create or heaven(s) and earth. We'll start working on that so he can get Genesis 1:1 down.

For now, we are just waiting for May for Carter to turn 3 so we can go into the preschool class where they have weekly lessons. :)

Last night, we were at an event with FCA at the high school. During the opening prayer, I felt Carter's hand on my shoulder and then he put his hand on Cameron's back. :) He melts my heart!!

No comments: