Monday, January 4, 2010

18 month vocabulary explosion

Going into November 2009, Carter had a few choice words...like Mama, dada, doggies, ball, Nana, Papa, Hey, Bye, Sit/Sit down. I am sure there are more...just not coming to me at 10pm.


2 days after he turned 18 months old, the words started coming. I remember at his 15 month check up, I was getting worried when looking over paperwork. It said he should have 150-200 word vocab by 2. At that time he had 10 maybe. His newest word that caught me off guard was please. We worked on that word often so it was so cute to hear him say. In the last 2 months, the vocab has exploded. I am sure I am forgetting words but here's what he says on a regular basis.

People: Mama, Dada, doggies, Nana, Papa (for my dad & gpa), Derrick (I'm not 100% sure how he pronounces it), Gigi (Aaron's mom), Papa (for Grandpa-Aaron's dad), Ad-a (Adam-Aaron's brother), Fu-fur (Cooper-his cousin), Papa (for Papaw-Aaron's gpa), Kelly (the girl I homeschool), Ne-Ne (for Sydney-our friend's daughter) & Carter

Things around the house: chair, phone, goal, seat, Hat (pronounced hot), Book, tree, star, lights (yites), bath, color, Please, No, baby, shoes, socks, shirt, pants, Pray, Amen :), pen (for pen or pencil), paper (not shure how he pronounces it), slide, pool, Hot (for temperature), Cool, Night Night, Sit/Sit Down, Excuse me, box, clock,

Toys: bus, car, choo-choo (for train), Super Why (His favorite show!), Manny (for Handy Manny), blocks

Food: snack, milk, water, Cheese, Candy, Cookie, Chip, Fries, Chup (this is my favorite for Ketchup), Nana (for bananna), eat (said as eat-eat), fork, spoon, plate

Places: church, outside

Animals: Moo (for cow), horse, teet-teet (for bird), duck (said as duck-duck)

Body parts: eyes, chin, nose, mouth, hands, arms, hair, ears, teeth

Numbers: 2, 4, 6, 8 & 10! He's even! :P

Several ABCS

No comments: