Saturday, January 2, 2010

October 2009

I found out on October 2nd that we were pregnant...but kept it a big secret. That same day, I headed off to SC for a youth group retreat and Aaron headed to Asheville for men's retreat. Carter stayed with Nana & Papa. The first night of the retreat, I ran into a teenage girl from the beach that I've known for a couple years. As soon as she saw me, she put her head on my stomach and said she heard a heartbeat...yea, STRANGE. Especially considering the fact that I just found out that day. Needless to say, I tried to act like she was crazy! :)

Homecoming was also in October so we enjoyed an afternoon at the parade.

Aaron's parents and brother came to Clayton and stayed with us one Sunday night and then went to tour NC State. Aaron's mom, Carter and I visited the Farmer's Market and then joined them for lunch in the wolves den on campus.


On the 14th, at 17 months and 1 week old, Carter got his first hair cut. It was more of a trim because I just wasn't ready to lose his PRECIOUS curls yet! :) Janie cut his hair, this is a lady that has been cutting my gma's hair for yeeeeears, cuts my gma's and has cut mine from time to time. She was retiring this week so we squeeze in the visit just in time! :) Carter did great. He sat in my lap and never moved.

Aaron's mom bought us pumpkins at the Farmer's Market so we enjoyed a fall afternoon outside painting. Carter is a lefty...so it was messy! He tried to eat the red thinking it was ketchup.

No comments: