Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Peeling to ring in 2010!

Since I am in the middle of updating events from last year, I should probably start updating from this year or I'll be in the same situation again! :)

On Thursday, New Years Eve, I had a quick drs appointment and ran a few errands while Aaron and Carter started taking down wallpaper from the kitchen. There was only 1 wall (and it was fairly small) completely over in wallpaper besides between and counter tops and cabinets. In the rest of the room, there was just border. They peeled and took a lunch break to meet me and get Carter's hair cut. Then later that night, we resumed wallpaper peeling. We finished around 11:30pm. What a fun way to spend New Years huh? Actually, it was nice to be at home. We had been traveling for the last week! On Friday morning we ran to Lowes to get the paint and supplies and then my parents came over to help us paint during naptime. We turns out that one wall completely covered with wallpaper needed some extra loving so my dad ran to Lowes and bought something to help get off the hidden glue. We worked for a couple hours and then painting resumed again on Saturday. Saturday night we were finally finished. I'll have to post pictures later because the room looks like sad with nothing on the wall yet. I've been looking for curtains but haven't found any to match this color green.



Carter helping :)

No comments: