Friday, January 1, 2010

August 2009

August marked the beginning of Volleyball and Back to School for Aaron. I don't help out as much as I use to because its difficult to watch a game with a 1 year old. I still make an appearance at tryouts, share my opinions, organize stuff for the girls, and try to keep them out of trouble. The season was ok...finished 6th, which is disappointing considering their talent. But girls are just a different group of people to coach.
Back to school is my favorite time of year. I LOVE setting up a classroom and getting ready for the first days. I should start a service so that teachers can pay me to set of their classrooms. :) While I "worked", Carter played with cars and carts. :)
Also, in August I had a family in the church contact me about helping home school their high school senior. At the time, Aaron and I had been praying about the time to have another baby. I wanted them to be two years apart, and this would be the time we would need to start trying. We had decided to wait but then this home school opportunity came about with weekly pay. Kelly, the girl I help home school, has been in youth group 7-12th and we've helped during that entire time and we were also her 5th grade Sunday School teachers. Needless to say, we've always had a close relationship with Kelly. This opportunity is great for Kelly and her family and also benefits us with extra pay and a confirmation to start trying to have another baby. We do school Monday-Thursday from 8:30-12:30 but for the past months, it been till at least 2:30. The only bad part is that it's a job, which means something I must commit to everyday. Therefore it limits the freedom that Carter and I have. Since Carter naps around 1...and sometimes for up for 4 hours, I can't go anywhere during the day till after 5pm.

No comments: