Thursday, March 11, 2010

2nd big thing...a BIG BOY BED! :)

We've been looking at bed for about 6 weeks,knowing that Carter was going to have to give up his furniture to his sister soon. :) During our 2nd trip to Rooms to Go Kids, we learned that they were having a floor sample sale and we were there for the last day of it. I was really disappointed to be shopping on the last day but we were able to score the dresser that I wanted! So after looking at a couple different places and talking with Aaron, we decided on a bed and it was just delivered today! The delivery was scheduled between 2-6pm. I kept wondering if they would come during naptime...so we skipped naptime today. Typically, I lay Carter down around 1pm and he cries for 2-5 minutes and then falls asleep. Well this week, I noticed that he was trying to climb out before I left the room. So this bed could not have come soon enough. Our lovely delivery guys arrived at 6:40pm...but it gave us time for uninterrupted dinner and time for my mom and Aaron to take apart the crib and move it to Cameron's room. :) We then spent the next 2 hours watching Carter play on his bed, moving around furniture, making Carter's bed, cleaning up his room, and putting together the bed rails. My mom left around 9pm. Aaron and I then prayed with Carter but he refused to lay down. He was really upset after my mom left...and then with the combo of no nap...I was dreading how night #1 was going to go. Aaron laid on the floor beside the bed and Carter laid on top of him and fell asleep. Aaron tried to lay him in the bed, but he woke up. I held him for about 5 minutes since Aaron had to get back to tutoring Chemistry online. So total time, he was in his bed within 20 minutes...even though he didn't fall asleep on his own. Aaron is taking tomorrow off,I guess that mean's he's willing to help when Carter wake up really early or refuses to take a nap tomorrow. I put the door handle lock on the inside of his door so when he gets up, he can't open the door. I just have a fear of Carter wandering...this way, I'll know when he's up and can hear what he's doing.



Trying the new bed out!


Snugglin with the bed rails






The room is still a work in progress :)

No comments: