Friday, March 5, 2010

End of January

2010 has proved to be a busy year so far. Even though I still owe some stories and pictures from 2009, I'll take advantage of this "down" time to update a little. Not sure if I've mentioned before, but I help homeschool a Senior girl in our youth group. Her name is Kelly. Kelly is here M-Thursday so on the morning of my "free" day, I'm going to update!
Since the ultrasound, my mom and I have been on a search for great deals on pink! On Jan. 21st, I tackled both the girls and boys sections of the Kids Exchange consignment sale in Raleigh. Carter's sizes generally do not offer the best stuff, but I did find some stuff to play in. After looking and his stuff for about 2 hours, I headed to the girls section and was overwhelmed. There's probably 10 girls clothing items for every boy item. I couldn't even slide the clothes on the rack to look at them. After looking for about an hour, my arms were starting to hurt so I headed to look at a couple other sections. After 5 hours, I was in and out with some decent deals. My mom and I have done some different shopping to find some fall/winter deals and we're hoping we're getting the right sizes.
At the end of January, we had another snow. Luckily for Aaron, the snow started over the weekend so there were less days to make up for school. We enjoyed 4 straight days of hanging out at home!! It was nice!



We went outside while it was still sleeting on the first day...not fun! And we didn't last long!





Carter had fun trying to climb into my boots

At the end of Jan, Carter starting to act strange (not sleeping and eating well) and was running a fever. After 3 days of fever, we took him to the dr and he had his first ear infection. That day was our first sick visit to the doctor for Carter. We've been so blessed to have such a healthy little boy! So the antibiotics knocked it out quickly and he was eating and sleeping normal within 48 hours.

No comments: