Sunday, March 14, 2010

Night #3--Saturday Night

Aaron just left for rap practice...He is rapping a remix of the Send me song below with some youth group kids. I was cleaning my closet and felt like procrastinating. Since I've given up Facebook for lent, I figured I'd come update the blog. :P

Saturday's nap took place at my parents house because Carter was there while I went to the quiz meet (and Aaron was already there).

Saturday night, Aaron and I tackled bedtime together. We were at my parents house watching the state game till around 7, had dinner at home and then called Aaron's parents so Carter didn't head to bed till 9pm. This night's adventure started with reading 3 books and praying. Carter wanted Mr. Wuf to sleep with him but eventually asked Aaron to put him back on the shelf. In total, we only put him back in bed 5 times (I think). Aaron suggested that we make him climb back in bed...and that seemed to work well. He eventually decided to stay in bed though it took him a good 30 minutes to fall asleep. I heard him singing some of his favorites: Send Me I go, and a Casting Crowns song Until the whole world hears (He just sings choirs and the O's). I love that guy! Since we were springing forward last night, Carter woke up at 7:10 (which is really 6:10 in old time) so Aaron put him in bed with us and he went right to sleep and slept till 8:30. We had decided the night before to base our service attendance around when Carter woke up. So we went to 2nd service today.

Attending 2nd service had us finishing lunch today around 1:30 so we headed Carter onto a nap around 1:45. Aaron suggested that we close his door for nap time and just leave him (though at night we leave it open). Well it's been 45 minutes and he's still awake. He cried at first and then I heard books flying to the floor. Eventually he calmed down and played with puzzles. I was in the linen closet and I saw Carter sticking his fingers under the door. Then he started throwing something against the wall so Aaron went in and made him get back in bed. Since I've been typing I've heard him say:Dada school, Chanting "Wolf" "Pack", Ei Ei O, Dada hold you,I wanna pee-pee potty. I really wish I had a video monitor just to see what's going on. It sounds like he's playing with legos right now...I'll update later hoping that he does decide to take a nap! :)

I'm back...Around 3pm, I heard a loud bang and Carter started crying like he was hurt. He flipped over his wood chair but appeared to be fine. I asked him if he wanted to read a book in bed...he threw TEN books in bed for us to read. By the time we got through the books, Aaron came home and we were never successful getting Carter to sleep. So no nap took place today. :(

No comments: