Thursday, March 11, 2010

Big things are happening in March

First...
Last Monday, I spent all day tackling potty training. Prior to Monday, Carter was comfortable on the potty, he would let us know when he went "shu" and would ask to "pee-pee potty" during every diaper change. So Monday, I asked him every 15 minutes and he willing would go and at least sit on the potty. I created a potty chart and he got Thomas the train stickers for peeing and Dora/Diego stickers for trying. He also got 1 M&M for trying and 2 for peeing. During the 2nd potty trip of the first day, not even thinking, I just pulled down his pull up...and out flew a few balls. It just made me laugh since the day before I was talking with some friends and they were sharing the tip to check before you pull. :) That time, I said "Oh golly" and that has become a new phrase used by Carter after a bowel movement. Day #2, Carter wasn't his normal self and wouldn't go to the potty when I asked. I didn't pressure. By the end of the week, Carter was now asking and asking frequently to go to the potty. So that day of asking every 15 minutes made him more conscience of his need to use the bathroom. This week he even pooped on the potty! So our sticker chart is filling up quickly. I'll have to post a picture. I'm proud of Carter. If I could just get him over the fear of large toilets in public places. I'm scared he's gonna pee on me or himself and he's scared he's gonna fall in! :P

No comments: